Cases are included free with each pair of ordered sunglasses.
- Italian engineered and hand-finished.
- 0% virgin plastics, 100% recycled polypropylene nets and lines, which are the most abundant form of ghost gear we find on our shores.
- Matte slate grey finish that alludes to the material's origins as ocean plastic.
- Ultra-durable five-barrel hinges.
- These frames are covered by our ‘Recycle and Replace’ lifetime guarantee – damaged frames can go back into the plastic recycling loop to create new pairs.
MINERAL GLASS, NOT PLASTIC.
Supplied by Barberini, regarded as the producer of the world's best optical quality lenses - famous for producing opticals for the likes of Maui Jim.
We use glass lenses, over cheaper plastic lenses for three key reasons:
Optical Quality - Mineral glass has by far the greatest optical clarity of all lens materials, with an Abbe value of 59 (vs. 32 for polycarbonate).
Sustainability - Recycled plastic lenses do not exist. Glass is infinitely recyclable, and doesn't produce micro-plastics when cut to shape.
Scratch Resistance - Waterhaul sunglasses are designed for the beach, which means sand - the enemy of most sunglasses. Their chemically hardened polarised glass is substantially more scratch resistant than other lenses, and exceeds all international impact resistance tests.