Wild Atlantique’s Capsule ‘Apres Surf + Sail’ Collection:
First thing is first, what is a Capsule Collection? According to Wikipedia…
‘Capsule Wardrobe is a term coined by Susie Faux, the owner of a London boutique called “Wardrobe” in the 1970s. According to Faux, a capsule wardrobe is a collection of a few essential items of clothing that don’t go out of fashion, such as skirts, trousers, and coats, which can then be augmented with seasonal pieces. This idea was popularised by American designer Donna Karan, who, in 1985, released an influential capsule collection of seven interchangeable work-wear pieces’… ‘A capsule collection is a condensed version of a designer’s vision, often limited edition, which transcends seasons and trends by being functional — read commercial. They often focus on construction and delivering key looks, without the styling and theatrics of a show (Business of Fashion).’
(For full article, click the link https://fashionretail.blog/2017/09/12/collaborations-in-fashion-capsule-collection/ )
Wild Atlantique’s 1st Capsule Collection was created to answer a few key issues:
- Defining Irish Coastal Style with a new Irish brand, based in the West of Ireland near the Wild Atlantic Way.
- Creating a truly Eco friendly (EU certified, not Eco fraud) brand starting with an Eco fibre & material that has a beautiful ‘hand’ (ultra soft texture) and is harvested in Europe.
- Producing in a Sustainable way by buying material and producing garments in Europe. Ensuring workers in our partner’s factories are paid a living wage, work in healthy environments and factories which meet exemplary manufacturing standards (not the minimum!)
- Producing pieces for Men, Women & Children that fit and flatter the Irish & Northern European body type.
- Using material that has high functionality with special properties (Temperature Regulating, Allergy Barrier & Anti bacterial treated.)
- Using tags, labels, and shipping materials in a minimal way. Making certain they are made from recycled material and bio-degradable too, sourced from Europe.
- Creating wardrobe staple garments that can be worn for years (30+ wears) and maintain their quality and fit with ease of care instructions that are also environmentally friendly.
- Finally, to close the loop on Fashion waste by offering a disposal discount for new items purchased with us, when old or damaged items of ours are returned by our customers for us to dispose of ethically.
In order to answer these dictates, our CEO K Mackay set out on a 2+ year journey to complete the following:
- Sourced the perfect EU based (Eco Certified Austrian sourced Eucalyptus) fibres and material (made in Italy) for the basis of our signature Capsule Collection.
- Made certain the material held special performance properties: Anti-bacterial treated for ensuring less washings needed, Temperature regulating for ease of wear in warm or colder climates, Allergy barrier for health of children and adults alike.
- Designed Athleisure styles that define and suit an Irish Coastal Lifestyle. That fit and flatter the Irish and Northern European build of Men, Women & Children.
- Partnered with the right EU based manufacturing companies (garments made in Portugal) to create our highly styled wardrobe staple pieces.
- Designed, sourced and mange the recycled and biodegradable labelling (Portugal), shipping and customer service (Ireland) that define the superior quality of a Wild Atlantique garment.
- Created an interactive website and imagery that translate the vision of our Irish Coastal Lifestyle Capsule Collection.
- Selling online (& wholesale) by shipping from (along with customer service support) right here in the West of Ireland near the ‘Wild Atlantic Way’ for an authentic Irish brand experience.
- To create future lines of Clothing, Accessories and Home Decor that adhere to our commitment to being Eco friendly, Sustainable, and define Irish Coastal style.
The details of the Women's Knee Skirt (above) perfectly defines the idea of one of our Capsule items. As it is ultra soft it will become a wardrobe staple purely based on comfort. The fold over waistline makes it adaptable as the years move along and hemlines (or waistlines) adjust. The basic colour range of Seaglass, Driftwood and Marine are softly muted and soothing colours that complement any skin tone and can complement almost any style or colour top. It travels well and launders with ease. Just wash with (marine friendly) detergent and hang to dry, it dries quickly! A purely adaptable, feminine piece of clothing that is designed for simplicity, style, fit, and with a flattering line too!
Take a look at our full Capsule ‘Apres Surf + Sail’ Collection pieces today! As the seasons progress we will add additional colours, along with other fun items to style up these basic, high quality wardrobe items!