We Love Coastal Style for both the Home & Wardrobe!
Love the Beach & Want to Bring That Coastal Vibe into your Home?
Whether you live by the Sea or just visit on occasion, there is so much inspiration to be found at the beach! How to bring that home? Here are some fun Houzz.com articles for inspiration on how to decorate your home in style.
You too can capture that relaxed Coastal vibe of a perfect Beach vacation! Here are some suggestions for making our home more 'Beach-chic'!
- Bare wood floors with Seagrass or Natural Sisal Mats and rugs.
- Baskets for storing items or hanging fixtures in natural woven seagrass and basket material.
- Paint everything White! (make that Bright White!) From ceilings and walls, to trim and doors, painting it all white bounces natural light around the rooms making them feel lighter and brighter like the sun is shining all day!
- Large scale comfy sofas in white or natural linen (taupe or Mocha) fabric as slipcovers (or fitted).
- A occasional chair in a weathered tan leather is almost always a great compliment to any sitting area or bedroom.
- Keep throw pillows and throws in natural materials, washed linen, cottons, etc. These are especially nice if combined with accents of Black, Navy or aqua blue.
- Bring in plants that say summer...like seagrass, hydrangeas, lavender. Anything green will do but put them in weathered pots as if the sea has washed over them.
- White bedding for beds. Accents kept in small ittems that can be swapped out as the seasons change.
- Accessories as 'found' items...take a walk on the beach and find old pieces of driftwood, shells and smoothed stones. Collect them in jars and bowls. The natural texture and colours will give you an immediate finding of calm when you look at them.
- Stay away from 'Twee' items like anchors and seagull motifs...too obvious!
- Artwork...this is an easy one...if you don't have sea views out your windows then make one by buying a beautiful painting or photography that brings the sea to you!
(Just click on each image to go directly to an article on Houzz detailing a Coastal look! )