The colours of the moody Atlantic - pale sky blue or soft grey, muted whites, vibrant primaries or dark delicate washes; accent walls and furniture in weathered white oak, or painted and repainted like the hull of a boat! Worn patinas from limestone or Oak floors to doors, vintage ornate lighting and area rugs. Antiques, white & natural linen, candle sticks, old paintings & sculpted topiaries are common accents in a French Seaside look.
Elements to achieve your own French Seaside style:
- Muted whites, aged patina'd wood, soft greys & that Iconic 'French blue' on shutters and doors;
- Antique 'care-worn' art, pottery, vintage furniture and linens;
- Flea Market finds;
- Modern sculptural elements inside and out;
- Sheer linen and cotton drapery, white bedding and luxurious fabric cushions;
- Unique curiosities in artwork, table books, candles and accessories;
- Trim painted in soft colours with aged white washed walls, architectural details that speak to Manoir or Chateux style, aged from salt air exposure like elaborate mantles and French oak parquet;
- Vintage details in painted cabinetry, decorative items and unique iron & wood lighting;
- Old stone, open fireplaces, aged limestone or weathered wood.