The colours of the moody Atlantic - pale sky blue or soft grey, muted whites, vibrant primaries or delicate washes, accent walls and furniture in weathered white oak, or painted and repainted like the hull of a boat! Worn patinas from floors to doors, vintage lighting and area rugs. Antiques, White & natural linen, Candle sticks, old paintings & sculpted topiaries are common accents in a French Seaside look.
Elements to incorporate in your own French Seaside style:
- Muted whites, aged patina'd wood, soft greys & blues;
- Antique 'care-worn' art, pottery, furniture and linens;
- Sheer linen and cotton drapery, bedding and throw cushions;
- Trim painted in soft colours with aged white washed walls, architectural details that speak to age and salt air exposure;
- Vintage details in cabinetry, decorative items and lighting;
- Old stone, open fireplaces and aged stone or weathered wood floors.