Fusing sustainable materials with easy, modern living, a South African beach house takes the concept of 'beach shack' to a whole new level. A perfect blend of contemporary and casual utilising easily accessible (wood, concrete, metal, cottons & linens) in a clean modern interpretation.
Elements that make up South African Beach Style:
- Lots of white on walls and ceilings with little to no trim detail around door or window openings, clean and casual;
- Ceilings with rustic exposed beams in white or reclaimed wood;
- Natural wood floors and rustic or modern furniture elements;
- Concrete counters and less structured kitchen storage. Outdoor kitchen and fire-pits, draught tolerant plants;
- Simple cotton and natural materials, woven rugs, bed clothes and drapery;
- Unique baskets and hanging light fixtures or coloured glass pendants;
- Rustic designs, animal hides and ethnic prints. Simple native crockery, footstools, wood cutting boards and over large bowls.