Returns & Refund Policy - Wild Atlantique Online & In-store
We do hope you will be completely satisfied with your purchase and we thank you for purchasing from Wild Atlantique! If however you are not satisfied with your item, it is important to note the following before purchase as our return policy has changed as of 15th August 2022.
As a small business offering limited quantities and specialty items, we still like to offer customers a fair return policy. Firstly, please make note that where an item is of satisfactory quality and is described correctly (where applicable), retailers in the Bailiwick of Jersey are under no obligation to exchange an item/s, give a refund or a credit note.
Despite that, Wild Atlantique would like to give customers the best service and offer some options for product exchange, credit or refund.
- Non-sale, In-store purchases: Customers have 14 days from date of purchase to bring a product back into our Flagship store located at 3 King Street, St Helier Jersey. Returns must be in the original packaging with all tags fully attached and intact for a cash or credit refund. The salesperson or owner in store at the time will make the final determination if a product is suitable for return, refund and/or credit.
- If past the 14 days since purchase, where an alternative is available in stock or already on order, we can offer an exchange and/or store credit. The balance of any exchange will be issued as an emailed credit note. No cash or return of payment to a credit or debit card would be available.
- Please Note: Items for return after 14 days must be accompanied by the original till or emailed receipt. The goods must be unused, and in the unopened original packaging (where applicable). Items must be brought back to the shop before 30 days; the day of purchase is day 1. Items presented beyond this timeframe will not be eligible for exchange or a credit note.
- Sale price, In-store purchases: Non-refundable, non-returnable. All Sale Items are Final Sale
- Items over a value of £250, furniture or other large items are not refundable. If they have been delivered, it shall be the responibility of the buyer to cover the costs of collection via a collection service or courier of our choice to buyer's location in Jersey or return to the store. (Delivery charges are not refundable). Please contact us about returns of furniture or other large items before bringing them to the store. Evidence of damage during delivery must be evidenced with photo images and done so within 24 hours of receiving items. Exchanges or store credit issued must be completed within the allotted 30 days as above. The items must be packaged as delivered, with tags attached and returned in saleable condition.
- Special Orders of furniture and other items are non-returnable, if delivered as ordered.
- If you opt to post or courier your item to us for return, you are responsible for your own shipping costs. Any return shipping will be deducted from any credit note.
- Items of furniture sold from the shop floor are sold as seen. If any marks or damage exist on the item which are known to Wild Atlantique Ltd they will be highlighted to the buyer at the time of purchase. Regardless, all shop floor items are sold in 'as is' condition.
- Credit notes are only valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
- Sale items cannot be returned.
- Items which cannot be returned after purchase for any reason are gift vouchers, earrings, paint, towels, bedding, personal care items: bath, body and cleaning items, lingerie, hosiery, leggings, and swimwear.
Online Retail Sales
If you change your mind having made a purchase online, you may cancel the order and receive a full refund anytime in the first 24 hours. Once the item has been shipped, the return policy is the same as our Retail Sales policy stated above.
Some items are exempt from the right to return. These are items set out above and those which are customised, personalised or ‘Made to Order’. Any returned items must be unused and in the unopened original packaging (where applicable).
The Customer is responsible for the cost of returning goods. Insurance or parcel tracking should be used in sending items back. Any refund can only be issued upon safe receipt of the item/s with Wild Atlantique Ltd. Shipping costs either to Customer or any return shipping are non-refundable.
Posted or couriered items must be sent to:
Wild Atlantique Ltd, 3 King Street, St Helier, Jersey Channel Islands JE2 4WF
Special Order Policy: When goods are specifically ordered for an individual Customer or 'Made to Order' and a deposit paid.
Purchases and orders which require items to be specifically ordered (including ‘Made to Order’ items such as sofas and customisable pieces of furniture) are always subject to a deposit payment. No items will be ordered until the deposit (minimum 50%) is received. This is a non-refundable deposit and the exact amount will be advised on the initial invoice.
Where the Customer later changes their mind and does not wish to pay for the remainder of the order, or no longer wants the item/s, they are not entitled to receive the deposit back. The salesperson or owner will discuss with Customer on an individual basis. Please do reach out as soon as possible if you are aware of any issue of meeting final payment for your special order.
Customers may be liable for the full cost of a ‘Made to Order’ item (such as a sofa, table, wardrobe, shelving etc) if the cancellation was not made early enough to prevent the goods from being made by the manufacturer or from being shipped. A cancellation of an order must be in writing/email and a receipt of email acknowledged. Verbal requests for cancellations cannot be accepted. A request to cancel an order must be made by emailing email@example.com
When an order is placed by the Customer, we will do our best to give an indication of a delivery timeframe. This timeframe will always be deemed to have been given in good faith and based on information available to us at the time from our suppliers. Should the items subsequently be delayed, Wild Atlantique Ltd cannot be held responsible and any deposit will not be returned should the Customer then cancel the order. As above, for ‘Made to Order’ items, the Customer may still be liable for the full cost of the items/order.
Upon notification of shipping to Jersey, or upon receipt of the items in Jersey, Wild Atlantique Ltd will require the remaining balance of any order to be paid. Payment is required within 7 days of the request. No items will be allocated for collection or delivery until full payment is received. Until full payment is received, the item remains the property of Wild Atlantique Ltd.
Where a customer has placed an order and the ordered items arrive in line with the expected timeframe (which has been shared with the Customer), items will be stored free of charge for 7 days to allow for the Customer to make arrangements to receive their item/s. Where storage is required beyond 7 days, a storage fee will be applied at a rate of £10 per day for the following 7 days, rising to £15 per day for the remaining 21 days and then £20 per day thereafter. The item will not be available for delivery or collection until this storage fee is paid. After 28 days, the items may be sold at the discretion of Wild Atlantique Ltd.
Your statutory rights are unaffected as a result of this policy - the law in Jersey states that items for sale:
- Must be of a satisfactory quality
- Must not be damaged or defective unless the seller points out the fault or it would have been reasonable to see the fault during an examination before buying the goods
- Must be fit for the purpose for which the seller knows the customers is buying them
- Must be as they are described by the seller, or on the packaging or any notice or advertisement.
In these circumstances, a refund may be given within 14 days of purchase only. No refunds for 'Special or Made to Order' items.