Five favourite things to do when visiting Jersey!
Conde Nast Traveller has ranked the island of Jersey (in the Channel Islands) as one of the 22 Best places to visit n 2022!
Short direct flights from the UK, Dublin and various spots around Europe during the 'Season' (late Spring, Summer and early Fall) make it an easy 'puddle jump' when you need a short weekend away. The ferries over from France are also affordable and convenient. There is so much to do and see for such a small island that I recommend you give it a bit more time than just a weekend. Here are a few ways to spend your days and evenings in Jersey.
Current favourites on the island include the following:
1. Be sure to visit Gorey Village, it has a few quaint shops and the newly opened The Moorings Hotel & Restaurant is perfect for a bite to eat. Of course a visit to Mont Orgueil Castle is a must see! This beautiful preserved Medieval castle will tell you the long and substantial history of this special island with amazing views of the marina and beyond.
2. Rent an electric Evie bike in St Helier and take a cycle along St Aubin's Bay. If you are feeling up for a longer challenge continue on the bike/walking path from St Aubin's village all the way to La Corbiere Lighthouse. You can grab an ice cream at the Jersey Dairy Truck or something more substantial at Corbiere Phare before you head back.
3. Visit St Brelade's Bay for a nice relaxing beach walk, be sure to pop in to the Fishermen's Chapel to see the reputed 6th century drawings on walls. Jersey Crab Shack or the Oyster Box are great casual dining right on the Bay.
4. Hike the North shore paths of the Island. Great for a quiet summer morning hike then a stop for a hardy breakfast on the picnic tables at 'The Hungry Man' food truck located at La Brecque du Nord Rozel.
5. Be sure to do some VAT free shopping along King Street in St Helier. Pop in to see me at Wild Atlantique (3 King Street) and let me know what tips and gems you have discovered on Island. Locke's Cafe or The Yard in town are great for lunch or a coffee when you need a break. For a superior dinner try No.10, Samphire or Quayside, all offering excellent seafood and more. Start or end the evening in town with a glass of wine at The Watchman or a fun cocktail at Cafe Zephyr at The Royal Yacht Hotel.
Enjoy your visit and safe travels!
Karen @ Wild Atlantique