British Colonial style combines an ancestral/aged style with tropical Caribbean style. It's both genteel & travelled, pairing dark-stained vintage furniture, rattan, iron and bamboo elements with pure white linens, silk lampshades, blue & white prints & decorative objects. Shades of green is prevalent as are pineapples, plant or marine life in accents like light fixtures, fabrics and art work.
Combined with an abundance of indoor greenery to cool and refresh the space and add to better indoor air quality. Windows and doros tend to be shuttered and/or have gauzy floating drapery and bed hangings to keep the sun and bug-life out of living spaces.
- 4 poster beds, rattan headboards and layered cushions, bedding and throws;
- Lamp bases and statuary showcasing Caribbean floral & fauna with figurines that harken back to the 17th, 18th & 19th century;
- Jute and natural woven rugs with stripes in tans, whites and navy;
- Carved wood Heritage-inspired case pieces, tables, bedside dressers, harvest tables, benches with animal hides, and large armoires for storage;
- Hues of green are prominent, as well as blues and whites;
- Wall murals of vintage Colonial or ship scenes are a wonderful touch;
- Luxurious printed materials (silk, linen and waxed cotton) on cushions, drapery and lampshades; 'gaslight' iron wall lights, ceiling fans with woven rattan paddles and silver candle sticks, boxes etc;
- Bamboo and lacquered trays, ironwork in accent pieces, navigational items (sextants, compasses, maps) and table books about travel, sailing and more!