Modern & Minimal Beach Style
Modern coastal design blends the sleek minimalism of modern architecture with a sophisticated beachy feel of Coastal design. The result is typically a space filled with clean lines, coastal whites, natural linens, and definite nods to the beach!
Elements of Modern Beach style for the home:
- Lots of White! White walls, white cabinetry, white accents;
- Wood - Driftwood, Beech, Ash, Bamboo...light woods, concrete floors, cool tile, or very dark floors for high contrast in a contemporary setting;
- Clean lines...simple trim or limited architectural detail, its more about the use of material in large scale;
- Large spare windows and doors (no mullions) that fold back and open to outdoor green spaces that have water features: pools, fountains and green walls if limited space;
- White or natural soft furnishings, over scale sectional sofas and deep chairs;
- Large pieces of art work and sculpture that have impressive impact;
- Big table books and large modern geometric lighting;
- Glass or stainless steel line railings;
- Modern interiors are more about large scale, single element style and minimal if no accessories other than art, rare unique curiosities or floral arrangements.